GEARED Universities: 2014-2018
Our GEARED universities have been vital to the first five years of GridEd due to the substantial resources required for the preparation and dissemination of training and educational materials. Additionally, the capability of universities to transfer ongoing cutting-edge research into educational programs is essential to enhancing engineers' skill sets by training them on the latest technology required to manage and operate the future grid. These seven university participants received commitments via subcontracts with EPRI as part of GridEd’s GEARED and STEP efforts. They had roles as primary developers of the curriculum and provided early-stage delivery of the curriculum.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Lead development of curriculum and training materials.
- Develop and incorporate new courses into traditional power system/engineering programs and/or update the course content of existing programs.
- Develop and offer new post-graduate level power system courses focusing on PV and other distributed renewable technology.
- Develop and offer continuing education courses for professional utility engineers.
- Develop open-source/ online/ electronic materials as part of tech transfer.
- Execute training.
- Bring new findings from continuing research into curriculum and/or new training materials.
Contact: Sakis Meliopoulos, (404) 894-1876, email@example.com
Contact: Badrul Chowdhury, (704) 687-1960, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Thomas Ortmeyer, (315) 268-4035, email@example.com
Contact: Agustín Irizarry-Rivera, (787) 832-4040 ext.2472, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Vijay Vittal, (480) 965-1879, email@example.com, http://www.asu.edu
Contact: Bob Bass, (503) 867-4018, Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.pdx.edu
Contact: Nanpeng (Eric) Yu, (951) 827-3688, email@example.com